Learning to Interpret Seismic Data
Trench sediments and Shikoku Basin sediments carried into trench on the subducting oceanic crust (yellow).
- Frontal thrust zone, which is the most eastward (oceanward) series of thrusts. These are presumably the youngest thrusts, but not the only active thrust faults in the prism.
- Offscraped sediments of the accretionary prism (blue)
- Kumano forearc basin sediments (light green)
- Top of the subducting oceanic crust (pink).
- Subducting sediments of Shikoku Basin sediments (yellow).
- Decollement (active) including Seismogenic Zone along the plate interface (boundary)
- Mega-splay fault, separating the young portion of accretionary prism from older accretionary prism, located under the sediment of the Kumano forearc basin.